Ecohog compete globally in the manufacture of waste processing equipment and specialise in air and metal separation. We are ambitious, growth focused and offer excellent career prospects across our expanding business. We are now seeking an experienced Senior Design Engineer to join our team.
Your new role
As our Senior Design Engineer you will be responsible for managing the development of innovative equipment for the Waste and Recycling Industry from proving the concept through to design, prototype, manufacturing and commissioning. Additionally, you will be responsible for ensuring the high quality standards are maintained to exceed customers’ satisfaction.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Proficient in the use of Solidworks to develop manufacturing drawings in accordance with relevant legislations and regulations such as CE / UL/ UK certifications.
• Liaise and work closely with the Senior Technical Engineer in the research and development of new products.
• Oversee projects from concept design through to commissioning, ensuring a high standard of quality is implemented and achieved throughout.
• Contribute to the reduction of manufacturing costs through the implementation of improved designs and solutions for modifications to existing product ranges, interacting with production and purchasing departments.
• Preparation and maintenance of Technical files and Operational Manuals to specifications outlined in the most up to date compliance regulations and standards.
• Work in conjunction with aftersales / warranty department to investigate mechanical failures or unexpected maintenance issues providing customer focused solutions.
• Evaluate and propose recommendations for lean manufacturing processes and manufacturing techniques, focusing on continuous improvement of in-house standards and procedures.
• Work with distribution network team on equipment performance and recommended improvements.
• Liaise with the Senior Technical Engineer and Ecohog sales network to provide required concept drawings for quotations.
• Site visits to measure and survey existing equipment when required.
• Knowledge of logistics and transport legislation globally.
• Stay familiar with competitors, legislations and market trends to ensure equipment is innovative and fit for purpose on a global scale.
• Build and drive an innovation design team to enhance the Ecohog product range.
Salary negotiable based on experience.
• Degree in a Related Engineering Qualification
• At least 5 years’ experience within the heavy equipment industry
• Minimum 5 years’ experience in the use of Solidworks
Hours of Work
8am to 5pm, Monday to Friday.
• Company pension
• On-site parking
• Overtime optional
• Career progression
For further information please contact Colleen or to Apply send your CV to