Ecohog compete globally in the manufacture of waste processing equipment, specialising in air and metal separation. We are ambitious, growth focused and offer excellent career prospects across our expanding business.
Fitting and welding is at the heart of Ecohog’s brand reputation for engineering excellence. The integrity of our market leading equipment is crucial at every step of our manufacturing process.
Your new role
Manufacturing scrap metal and waste recovery equipment, the Welder is responsible for cutting and joining metals using a range of welding equipment as per the mechanical drawings and specifications supplied. Your role as a welder is of high importance and requires a great deal of precision to ensure the fundamentals of each machines has a strong infrastructure.
You must be competent in using potentially dangerous equipment following all safety precautions. Additionally as the ideal candidate you will have a steady hand and great attention to detail. Knowledge of different kinds of metal and their properties is essential.
Duties and Responsibilities
• The ability to prioritise production workloads is essential
• Read blueprints and drawings and take or read measurements
• Determine the appropriate welding equipment or method based on requirements
• Set up components for welding according to specifications (e.g. cut material with powered saws to match measurements)
• Operate angle grinders to prepare the parts that must be welded
• Align components using calipers, rulers etc. and clamp pieces
• Weld components using manual or semi-automatic welding equipment in various positions (vertical, horizontal or overhead)
• Test and inspect welded surfaces and structure to discover flaws
• Maintain equipment in a condition that does not compromise safety
• An accredited Welding qualification
• 2 years’ experience in a similar welding role preferably in a machine manufacturing setting
Hours of Work
8am to 5pm, Monday to Friday.
• On-site parking
• Flexible holidays
• Overtime optional
• Career Progression
• Attractive Salary
For further information please contact Colleen or to Apply send your CV to